Monday, February 16, 2009

Pictures of Things!

Finally! I found an internet place where I can directly plug in my camera card! Here are some pictures relating to the new blog entry below. I have also downloaded the majority of my pictures onto facebook in different albums: Machu Picchu Trek, Peru, Ecuador, and Colombia. I have several hundred Galapagos pictures which I didn´t feel like sorting through at the moment, so those will come later. Enjoy...

Lucila and her daughter (Otavalo)

Otavalo Market

Secret Garden Cotopaxi Refuge

Cotopaxi

Fresh pineapple on a stick

Cutting plantain leaves into strips used to weave bags

Sugarcane processing - no corn syrup here (Colombia)

San Augustin Park

Beautiful flowers everywhere

Near San Augustin

I wonder what our culture will leave behind...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY COOL pics!!!!! You have captured, both in words and photos, a variety of images and impressions that otherwise, would be unknown to me, given that I haven't been to this part of the world.

As always, I am incredibly amazed at your courage, chutzpah and general nature. Lovely daughter of mine, much love and many many hugs.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi LoLo's,
~ The photos are thought-provoking, and crystal clear. It's REALLY nice to have photos and text... certainly gives me a good (better?) view. You look health, and way happy in the photos. Wonder if you'll hook up with Isabel in Bogata? Withcerds in here now; Lukie, he and I just watched a movie about space exploratoin; inspiring... Things are buzzin' here. Proud of you, daughter of mine... Y.K.W

Unknown said...

Wow, this is by far the tannest i have ever seen you. But your skin is still honky white, so keep at it. anywhos, rose and i are doing well, even though our trip is coming to an end. i can't even fathom a trip half as long as yours, but at least your on the home strech. best of luck me lady.


Pie