Sunday, January 18, 2009

Still alive

...and will be posting an actual entry with photos and everything in the next few days. I am still in the Galapagos and am having a blast - currently traveling with a friend from college. I am getting an actual tan and have freckles on my face for probably the first time ever. This internet cafe that I am in right now is super hot and I am covered in sweat (something I do not think I will ever get used to) but I just wanted to post this quick note. Highlights of the entry to come include our boat trip, snorkeling with sea lions and sharks, hanging out with locals, white sandy beaches, good times with the girls, and our current adventure - surfing on the couch of a five star Canadian chef that Angela met back in Quito. I am supposed to leave the Galapagos on Tuesday but I might stay a week longer and get certified to dive...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi LoLo's,

~ I've been excited to hear about your Galapagos adventura! Can't wait to see some photos and hear about some findings & activities

~ I saw our friend Denise in Anchorage this weekend, and she cruised your blog; we had great fun; and hoisted a few tequilla in celebration of Things-Southern, and, assorted laughs.

Write hard, die free. - RGS

Anonymous said...

Love your gift of expression. At times it feels like I'm walking beside you, seeing what you see. I understand it is difficult in certain places to send pictures, but when it's possible, please send more (great perspective). Your Dad has been trying countless times to write you, to no avail. So hope this works...

Anonymous said...

cant believe sandy figured it out.Awhile to live that down... Fantastic writing!! More pics of you pls. Call again if you can leave callback#. Missed you christmas. DAD